The Error 404 "Page not found" is the error page displayed whenever someone asks for a page that’s simply not available on your site. The reason for this is that there may be a link on your site that was wrong, the page might have been recently removed from the site or the user has entered an invalid URL. As there is no web page to display, Magento will show the 404 error page.
Intenso introduces a new layout option for 404 Not Found pages called 404 error page. If you use the Demo Installer to set up your Pages, the error page will be set up automatically. You can check out an example of the styled 404 error page here.
To manually set up the 404 error page, please do the following:
- In the Admin Panel go to CMS > Pages.
- Open the CMS page named "404 Not Found" with URL key of no-route.
- On the left pane, click the Design tab.
- Set Layout as "404 error page".
- On the left pane, click the Content tab.
- Enter the content in the main field. Example:
<h1 class="center">Oops, this page isn't here</h1> <p class="center">The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.</p>
- Click the Save Page button.