Intenso Theme includes an advanced Layered Navigation extension that extends the functionality of the layered navigation included in Magento by default.
- AJAX layered navigation. When filtering, all content from category pages is updated without page reloads. The included History.js plugin preserves all previous selections, so when you hit the Back button the content is updated immediately.
- SEO friendly URLs. It creates SEO-friendly, understandable and appealing URLs for all category pages.
- Multiple selection. Allows filtering by one or more values of the same attribute at the same time. For example, you can choose to filter by Red and Blue colors at the same time or select multiple manufacturers. Please note multiple filters only work for attributes (like color, size, manufacturer, price, etc) and it’s not possible to filter by multiple categories at the same time.
- Price slider. Let your visitors specify their own custom range with the price slider.
- Checkboxes. Allow your users to easily select and deselect filters with one click while having a beautiful visual indication of the filters currently applied to any category page.
- Paging and sorting. AJAX paging and sorting.
- Show more/Show less. Cut down long lists of filter values more conveniently by adding "Show More" and "Show Less" actions to such filters.
Conflicts with third-party extensions
Like any other Layered Navigation extension available on the market, our extension overwrites several models, blocks and templates from Magento to achieve the desired functionality. Because of that, conflicts and compatibility issues may arise if you install any third-party extension that overwrites one or more of the same files.
If you are having issues with the layered navigation, like 404 pages or error messages, please do the following
- Reindex all indexes and try again.
- Fully disable all third-party extensions. If the issue is solved, try enabling one by one until you locate the ofending extension. Contact the support service of the author of such extension for further help. If the issue is not solved by fully disabling all third-party extensions please try re-uploading all the files from Intenso Theme to your server to be sure the issue is not related to a missing file in your installation. Be sure to flush the cache and re-index after uploading all files.
- If you are using an SEO extension please be sure to disable any feature that modifies the default layered navigation URLs (see below for an example with Mageworx’s SEO extension)
Known extensions with compatibility issues
- Mageworx’s SEO extension. This module has an option named "Category Layered Navigation SEO-Friendly URLs" that overwrites the layered navigation extension used by the theme. You can try disabling that option in the admin panel and that ussually corrects the issue (the option is located here: System > Configuration > SEO Suite > SEO Friendly LN URLs)
- Amasty’s Improved Layered Navigation. This extension is not compatible with the theme and requires several integration fixes to work with Intenso Theme. You can find an integration guide describing the general steps here. The guide is provided "AS-IS" since we are unable to provide support for third-party extensions.
- Manadev’s SEO Layered Navigation Plus. This extension is not compatible with the theme and requires several integration fixes to work with Intenso Theme. You can find an integration guide describing the general steps here. The guide is provided "AS-IS" since we are unable to provide support for third-party extensions.