When you first install any Magento theme, it will not contain all the extra content that you might see in the live previews. Usually, you have to import a database file containing all the demo data before you install Magento, which can be troublesome.
We’ve made it easier by creating a Demo Content Importer right in the Admin panel. Now you can quickly and easily import demo content for each feature with the click of one button.
Importing Demo Content
- In the Admin panel, navigate to System > Configuration > Theme Setup > Demo Content.
- If you have more than one Store View, use the Current Configuration Scope field to select the Store View where you want to import the demo content.
- Select the demo store you want to import in the field Select Demo Store
- Use the Import Type field to select the type of content to import. Select "All" to import all widgets and content from a particular demo store.
- Click Import button. A confirmation message will be displayed to avoid accidentally overwriting your store. Wait for the import process to finish.
- Flush Magento cache and any other cache that you have in your Magento installation.
Please don't forget to Reindex Magento after installing sample data. Go to System > Index Management and reindex all rows.